This option typically includes a private living residence with additional cost options for food preparation and household cleaning and chores. No personal care is included in these types of communities unless you contract privately for care at home (see more below under Care at Home).
- The average cost for Independent Living is $3,500 per month or $42,000 per year (usually included meals and light cleaning services)
Care at Home (In-Home Care)
Also referred to as in-home care, this option is performed though a non-medical private duty agency. The cost will depend on the number of hours per day required and typically the rate per hour will go down slightly as the number of hours per day goes up.
- At four hours of care per day, you could expect to pay $3,650/month or $43,200/year.
- Six hours per day could cost $5,475/month or $65,700/year
- Eight hours per day could cost $6,813/month or $81,760/year
- 12 hours per day could cost $9,125/month or $109,500/year
- 24 hour care could cost as much as $14,600/month or $175,200/year
Skilled Nursing or Long Term Care
These care facilities are designed to care for elderly or disabled people. Sometimes referred to as care homes, rest homes, or convalescent homes, the range of services offered varied but typically care for those with higher needs.
- Average cost for a semi-private shared room is $7,147 per month or $85,764 per year
Seeking to maximize lifestyle and independence, assisted living provides the 24 hours attention of in-home care for activities of daily living coupled with the services of home-cooked meals, laundry services and household cleaning and chores. Memory care is also a level of care that is offered in an assisted living environment.
- Average cost for assisted living private room with bath is $4,517 per month or $54,204 per year.
- Average cost for memory care assisted living private room with bath is $5,304 per month or $63,648.
Aid and Attendance Pension
There is also a wonderful benefit that veterans might be eligible to receive. It's called the Aid and Attendance Pension and can be used for any one of the services mentioned above. For more information you can visit our page at https://assistedlivingcarenm.com/services/veterans/ or our friends at Senior Care Associates.