The News Can Be Frightening
The news is full of stories and statistics about the devastation of Covid-19 for our seniors in retirement facilities. The pandemic began in the US at a retirement facility. In New Jersey, over half the deaths are in those facilities.
The News Presents a Distorted Picture
If we just stop and consider what we know about senior living facilities, we realize that there is a wide variety of options when considering senior living facilities, ranging from ‘nursing homes’ to retirement communities with individual condominiums. There are many more facilities with no Covid-19 outbreaks than there are with outbreaks that create such frightening statistics of infections and deaths.
BeeHive Homes Offers Safe, Affordable Senior Care Choices
At BeeHive Homes, we are committed to the safety and health of our clients. Our facilities are designed to keep individual housing units small (from 12 to 21 residents). This allows us to more effectively control the residential environment. Here are some of the other ways we keep our clients safe:
- Every resident has their own room and bathroom.
- Our attentive caregivers are screened each day with a temperature check and a questionnaire about their recent contacts and travels.
- Residents are being monitored closely for signs and symptoms of infection. Our staff members are doing daily temperature checks on every Resident.
- If any Resident displays symptoms of COVID-19 they are isolated to their private room. The family, the doctor, and the department of health are contacted. The Resident is then tested for COVID-19. Appropriate isolation and medical attention are instituted.
- Residents are served meals in their room. When needing assistance at meal time, Residents are brought to the dining room while maintaining a safe social distance between other Residents.
- Activities are being done individually to keep Residents engaged and living well.
- Family members and friends are allowed to visit through a window barrier, video chat, or on the phone. When on the property, all visitors and staff wear masks to prevent the spread of infection.
BeeHive Homes Offers Peace of Mind
Here at BeeHive Homes we have been in this crisis since March 11, 2020. So far, there hasn’t been a single positive case of COVID-19 among our Residents! The proactive measures we have executed paired with the small home-like environment of our BeeHive Homes makes us a safe place and the next best place to Home. If you or a loved one needs assisted living, don’t let this pandemic hold you back. We’d love the opportunity to help you make this decision and give you the options you are looking for.